La PalmaDefinition of cost-optimal transition strategy to achieve an emission-free electricity mix on La Palma Island (Spain) through the use of multiple technologies including hydrogen-based storage
Diesel generators account for 88% of La Palma electricity sources. La Palma Renovable and Planair have worked together in the planning of the future energy model of La Palma, through different scenarios to move from fossil to renewable energies and thus meet the objectives of reducing emissions and decarbonization of the island's economy.
- Definition of scenarios and considered technologies;
- Gathering specific production, consumption e-mobility data;
- Conducting cost-optimal sizing of electricity production mix by minimizing LCOE for the different scenario thanks to pre-developed optimization models and methodology;
- Analysis of the various energy flows to select most appropriate scenario.
Link to the reference sheet (right click and open)
Figure: Hourly distribution of Optimization Results
- Maître de l'ouvrage La Palma Renovable (local civil society organisation)
- Lieu Spain, La Palma Island
- Année de réalisation 09/2020 – 02/2021